How we have helped?
As conflict and natural disasters continued to devastate countless lives across the world, The Zahra Trust’s field teams respond swiftly to address the needs of the most vulnerable throughout its areas of operation with life-saving aid. Your donations help us continue to offer a vital lifeline of support to some of the most vulnerable people affected.
- 2016: The Zahra Trust constructed 27 tents and distributed emergency aid to 135 Syrian refugees in Lebanon.
- 2017: Distributed 500 food parcels to Rohingya families in Myanmar
- 2018: Provided 400 families with food and financial support in Yemen amidst the famine.
- 2019: In response to Europe’s migrant crisis, The Zahra Trust held medical camps at two locations in Greece to treat acutely and chronically injured displaced people, with each clinic serving up to 100 patients per day
- 2020: Built homes for victims of the maternity hospital blast in Kabul and repaired homes of the victims of the devastating Beirut blast
- 2021: Responded to the deadly new variant of COVID-19 in India that left the nation struggling to cope, providing hospitals with hundreds of oxygen tanks, oximeters and concentrators.
- 2022: Responded to deadly attack on worshipers at a mosque in Peshawar, Pakistan; as the first NGO on the scene, we provided both immediate and long-term assistance to those affected
- 2022: In response to a devastating 6.1 magnitude earthquake killing over one thousand, our team quickly deployed to provide emergency assistance to those impacted by the natural disaster
- 2022: Responded to extreme flooding in Pakistan & Afghanistan that affected over 33 million people, providing shelter, water, food and hygiene kits
- 2023: In response to powerful 7.8 magnitude earthquake that hit southern Turkiye and Syria, we provided Food parcels, shelter, water, medical aid and other essentials for the families affected
Please support our emergency fund, so we can be on hand immediately to help those most in need, in their greatest time of need.